HealthTech Award is a cooperation between Vitalis, GREAT and Sahlgrenska Science Park, celebrating health tech innovations that make a difference for people’s lives.
The prize is awarded to an innovative company based in the Nordics providing a healthtech solution or product that has a proven positive impact on healthcare, prevention, prediction, health and/or quality of life.
The award is open for applications from today through 12 April and the winner will be announced at the opening of Vitalis, the largest e-health event in Scandinavia, on 17 May 2022.
The prize consists of:
- Tailored innovation session with IT and business consulting company CGI, focusing on how to improve speed and value from the innovation process. Value 50 000 SEK.
- A strategy workshop with Tech Consulting Company HiQ, tailored to the winning company’s digital needs. Value 50 000 SEK
- Expert legal advice with law firm MAQS
- Present at one of GREAT’s events during 2022/2023
Last year, Boneprox won the HealthTech Award in tough competition.
“The prize put wind in our sails, increased our credibility and created curiosity among potential clients,” says Peder Remman, CEO, Boneprox.
New this year:
Ten finalists will be selected and invited together with the winner to give a 3-minute pitch at Vitalis on 17 May, at 15.30 – 17.00.
- Charlotta Gummeson, CEO, Sahlgrenska Science Park
- Frode Langmoen, Technology Executive Nordic Business Development and ISVs
- IBM Global Business Partners
- Jon Nilsson, Vice President Life Sciences, Government & Health, CGI
- Lars Lindsköld, Regional Development Officer, Region Västra Götaland
- Maria Sterner, Business Manager, Vitalis
- Marianne Larsson, Director, Healthtech Nordic
- Representant från ST-läkarprogrammet Innovation & Teknik, Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset
Criteria for participation
Examples of the assessment criteria the jury is looking for:
A product, service or solution with valuable outcomes for the individual, patient, clinician or healthcare organisation.
- Involvement of users/patients in development
- Scalability and Market Potential
The pathway to national and international growth, size of market.
Predictions that give the tools and insights for preventive health care
Referring to Agenda 2030
- Care outcomes
- Social Impact
Eg. jobs generated, impact on society and improved quality of life.
Entitled businesses may participate with several different products, services or solutions if they meet the criteria.
“The award shines a light on healthtech innovations that can make a real difference in people’s lives. It’s a way to encourage entrepreneurial spirit and showcase ideas transforming healthcare and social welfare.” Maria Sterner, Business Manager Vitalis
“We believe that digitalisation is an enabler for enhanced prediction and treatment of diseases. This award is in line with our ambition to collaborate and bridge the gap between technology solutions and needs within healthcare.” Jerker Lindsten, Chairman, GREAT
For more information, please contact:
Maria Sterner, affärsansvarig, Vitalis
tel +46 31 708 82 35
Tore Johnsson, styrelseledamot, GREAT
tel +46 70 602 20 90