The award is open for applications through April 14 and the winner will be announced at the Vitalis Innovation Area on May 14!
After the ceremony, ten finalists are invited together with the winner to give a 3-minute pitch at A GREAT Pitch @Vitalis. An opportunity to meet investors and other innovators in Gothenburg.
The prize consists of
In addition to honour and visibility:
- A free booth of 9 sqm at Vitalis 2025.
- 1-year membership in GREAT Network, with a dedicated contact from the Board, allowing a strategic dialogue concerning your business affairs, legal considerations, and IT matters.
- Keynote presentation slot @A GREAT DAY, an annual event with more than 300 participants.
- Pitch slot at the event “A GREAT PITCH”, which provides the opportunity to meet investors and other innovators in Gothenburg.
- Anders Klingström, Director Consulting Services, CGI
- Annica Grimberg Lignell, Director and Head of the Accelerator, Sahlgrenska Science Park
- Frode Langmoen, Ecosystem Development, IBM
- Maria Sterner, Manager Vitalis
- Marianne Larsson, Director, Healthtech Nordic
- Markus Lingman, Chief of Strategy, Halland Hospital Group
- Peter Kelly, Physician and Digitalization strategist, Sahlgrenska University Hospital
Criteria for participation
Examples of the assessment criteria the jury is looking for:
A product, service or solution with valuable outcomes for the individual, patient, clinician or healthcare organisation.
- Involvement of users/patients in development
- Scalability and Market Potential
The pathway to national and international growth, size of market.
- Prediction (not mandatory)
Predictions that give the tools and insights for preventive health care
Referring to Agenda 2030
- Care outcomes
- Social Impact
E.g. jobs generated, impact on society and improved quality of life.
Entitled businesses may participate with several different products, services or solutions if they meet the criteria.
“The award shines a light on healthtech innovations that can make a real difference in people’s lives. It’s a way to encourage entrepreneurial spirit and showcase ideas transforming healthcare and social welfare.” Maria Sterner, Business Manager Vitalis
“We believe that digitalisation is an enabler for enhanced prediction and treatment of diseases. This award is in line with our ambition to collaborate and bridge the gap between technology solutions and needs within healthcare.” Jerker Lindsten, Chairman, GREAT
For more information, please contact:
Maria Sterner, affärsansvarig, Vitalis
Lizelotte Edvinsson, Communications Manager, Sahlgrenska Science Park